When it comes to anti-aging strategies, many people choose creams, wrinkle fighting serums and even plastic surgery in order to look younger. There is no question that all of these things can help, however, there are certain natural ways to keep you young. By simply selecting certain foods to be part of our diet, it can help you to reverse the signs of aging. Below we have listed 6 anti-aging foods to select for your diet.
- Avocados. Avocados are believed to be some of the best anti-aging foods. The reason for that is that they are filled with many nutrients and health fats like omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial for your immune system. In addition, different studies suggest that avocados can improve your skin health. There are two components present in the avocado, lutein and zeaxanthin which may help protect your skin from UV damage.
- Blueberries. Blueberries are an excellent source of antioxidants. In addition, they contain high amounts of vitamins A and C and they are also an excellent source of anthocyanin, an age-defying antioxidant. This combination of vitamins and antioxidants can provide protection for your skin from the damaging effects of sun exposure.
- Broccoli. Apart from anti-aging properties, broccoli is rich in vitamins, antioxidants and minerals. You can benefit from its high vitamin C and K content and also from the good amount of fiber present. Also broccoli contains significant amounts of lutein and calcium.
- Nuts. It doesn’t matter which type of nut you choose as all of them have cholesterol-lowering and anti-inflammatory effects. Walnuts in particular, contain high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. It has been suggested that omega-3s can prevent dementia, reduce cholesterol levels, maintain a healthy heart and keep your brain young.
- Dark chocolate. Chocolate is probably one of the world’s favorite desserts. It is packed with many antioxidants known as flavanols, which protect the skin from sun damage. They do so by absorbing the UV radiation from the sun and in that way they can protect the skin from the damaging effects of the sun. It is also recommended to eat moderate amounts of dark chocolate as it can benefit your heart against damage, aging and heart disease.
- Green tea. Green tea is rich in antioxidants called flavonoids that protect against disease and block DNA damage associated with toxic chemicals that cause destruction in the body. By switching green tea for sodas can have multiple benefits for your organism and may expand your life expectancy.
In conclusion, apart from creams and serums, you can include the aforementioned foods on your diet in order to enjoy both their health benefits and their anti-aging properties.